We used a range of mixed media materials in Art this month with some fantastic results.
Well done to Aoibhe, Susan & Holly, they won 1st. prize in the second stage of The Chapter Level of the Credit Union Art Competition. They will now go automatically to The National Final which will take place in February 2019.
SOME EXAMPLES OF STUDENTS WORK FOR DECEMBER
October - Theme Autumn/Halloween
Literacy - How to write a party invitation.
November - Samples of work
We are learning about directions.
Literacy - We wrote about our mid-term break under different headings and discussed it in class.
We looked at a selection of jobs that people do and discussed what type of service they provide.
Numeracy - We are covering time(the clock) for November, we are also doing lots of work on budgeting.
Samples of work covered for the month of September
September - Theme School/Family
Samples of work for September
- Maths - Budgeting Skills/Time
- English - Literacy Skills based on themes/Everyday literacy - filling out forms and documents
- Personal Care - Life Skills
- Art - Credit Union Art Competition/Autumn themed projects using mixed media
- Preperation for Confirmation
- Cookery and Woodwork - We are learning lots of practical and important life skills
- Music - We are experimenting with different musical instruments
- PE - We are trying out different sports equipment and learning new skills and games